I’ve been interested in photo collages for years. Those who know me well have likely seen my Many Faces from a few years ago (pictured above), which was inspired by some improv classes I was taking at the time. It was fun to put together, but also very time-consuming. A couple months ago I realized it would be fun to turn the concept into an app that could help quickly and easily make ManyFace-esque collages. I’m happy to say that the app has launched in the app store today. For a bit more info on the app you can also visit the website. Please check it out, and if you like it, share your ManyFaces on twitter or facebook.
AboutNick Diakopoulos is a consultant specializing in research, design, and development for computational media applications. Areas of expertise include social computing, data visualization, games, and news. Find me on Twitter: @ndiakopoulos
- Storytelling with Data: What Are the Impacts on the Audience?
- How does newspaper circulation relate to Twitter following?
- Neolithic Journalists? Influence Engines? Narrative Analytics? Some Thoughts on C+J
- Aha! Brainstorming App
- Understanding bias in computational news media
- Mobile Gaming Summit 2012
- Comment Readers Want Relevance!
- Many Faces Photo Collages
- Review: The Functional Art
- Does Local Journalism Need to Be Locally Sustainable?
- User Expectations, Prototypes, and Professionals
- Systems Papers at CHI – Some Data
- Fact-Checking at Scale
- The Future of Automated Story Production
- Visualization Performance in the Browser