Email: nicholas (dot) diakopoulos (at) gmail.com
Office: 3207 Knight Hall
Telephone: 404-509-9974 (mobile), 301-405-8803 (office)
Need a Job?I am seeking a research scientist to work on computational journalism projects relating to algorithmic accountability reporting, news automation & bots, and data science / journalism with me. See the post here: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/35785
AboutI'm an Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland, College Park College of Journalism. I study computational and data journalism with an emphasis on algorithmic accountability, narrative data visualization, and social computing in the news. I'm also a consultant specializing in research, design, and development for computational media applications. Find me on Twitter: @ndiakopoulos
- What’s in a Ranking?
- Diversity in the Robot Reporter Newsroom
- The Anatomy of a Robot Journalist
- OpenVis is for Journalists!
- Computational Journalism and The Reporting of Algorithms
- Making Data More Familiar with Concrete Scales
- Storytelling with Data Visualization: Context is King
- Algorithmic Defamation: The Case of the Shameless Autocomplete
- Sex, Violence, and Autocomplete Algorithms: Methods and Context
- The Rhetoric of Data
- Data on the Growth of CitiBike
- 51% Foreign: Algorithms and the Surveillance State
- To Save Everything, Deliberate it Endlessly?
- Storytelling with Data: What Are the Impacts on the Audience?
- How does newspaper circulation relate to Twitter following?