Currently available as a PDF
AboutI'm an Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland, College Park College of Journalism. I study computational and data journalism with emphases on algorithmic accountability and social computing in the news. I'm also a consultant specializing in research, design, and development for computational media applications. Find me on Twitter: @ndiakopoulos
- What’s in a Ranking?
- Diversity in the Robot Reporter Newsroom
- The Anatomy of a Robot Journalist
- OpenVis is for Journalists!
- Computational Journalism and The Reporting of Algorithms
- Making Data More Familiar with Concrete Scales
- Storytelling with Data Visualization: Context is King
- Algorithmic Defamation: The Case of the Shameless Autocomplete
- Sex, Violence, and Autocomplete Algorithms: Methods and Context
- The Rhetoric of Data
- Data on the Growth of CitiBike
- 51% Foreign: Algorithms and the Surveillance State
- To Save Everything, Deliberate it Endlessly?
- Storytelling with Data: What Are the Impacts on the Audience?
- How does newspaper circulation relate to Twitter following?